NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. The L.E.A.F. (Leaders of Environmental Action Films) ECOmmercial Contest is open to all legal United States residents, who as of April 22, 2012 are between the ages of 14 and 19 years of age, are currently enrolled in a U.S. high school program and have a valid e-mail account. L.E.A.F. is not responsible for Contest line failures or errors in any promotional graphics or advertisements. Winners must be in compliance with all Contest rules.
2. Method of Entry. The ECOmmercial Contest begins on April 22, 2012 at 9:00 AM PST and all entries must be received via online entry atwww.leaf-rocks.com by 11:59 PM PST on July 7, 2012. In L.E.A.F.’s sole discretion it may announce an extension to the entry deadline.
Entries must then be submitted atwww.leaf-rocks.com. Entrants must fill out the entry form which includes name, date of birth, address, valid email address, phone number, and school information along with your video entry and release forms (if applicable).
Entries must also contain, in the beginning or end of the ECOmmercial, the provided official LEAF video bumper available on the Resources tab.
3. How to Win: Selection of LEAF winners - The LEAF panel will be comprised of LEAF partners. The decision of L.E.A.F. in all matters related to the selection of the winners and all matters relating to this Contest are final. Entries will be judged based upon five (5) criteria: the creativity, message content, effective use of contest theme, technical production and overall presentation. Each criterion will be given equal weight. Each entry will be time stamped. Odds of winning depend upon the number and quality of eligible entries received. The winners will be announced on or about August 7, 2012.
4. How to Win: Selection of Celebrity’s Choice Winners -The Celebrity panel will be comprised of LEAF celebrity partners. The decision of L.E.A.F. in all matters related to the selection of the winners and all matters relating to this Contest are final. Entries will be judged based upon five (5) criteria: the creativity, message content, effective use of contest theme, technical production and overall presentation. Each criterion will be given equal weight. Each entry will be time stamped. Odds of winning depend upon the number and quality of eligible entries received. The winners will be announced on or about August 7, 2012.
5. How to Win: Selection of You Tube Most Watched Winners - Each video may only be rated once by each You Tube member account. The winners will be announced on or about August 7, 2012.
6. How to Win: Selection of Leaf-Rocks/Facebook Most Liked Winners - Each video may only be “liked” once by each Facebook member account on the Leaf-Rocks website (www.leaf-rocks.com). The winners will be announced on or about August 7, 2012.
The decision of L.E.A.F. in all matters related to the selection of the winners and all matters relating to this Contest are final. Entries will be judged based upon five (5) criteria: the creativity, message content, effective use of contest theme, technical production and overall presentation. Each criterion will be given equal weight. Each entry will be time stamped. Odds of winning depend upon the number and quality of eligible entries received.
7. Entries must be original, produced by amateurs and not have been produced for compensation. Entries must focus on the theme of any environmental topic of your choice – tell us what matters to you. Videos should be edited, from live shots or alternating still photos, to be visually appealing and display the LEAF “Bumper” logo for at least three (3) seconds. A downloadable logo is available at on the resources page. Care should be taken to protect the privacy and identity of minors. For example, please do not use or show minors individual names or other identifying information, such as an address, in your video.
Videos should not contain any dangerous or unsafe activities.
Entries that use content that violates the rights of third parties (including, but not limited to, rights of copyright), such as copyrighted music will be automatically disqualified. You may, however, use a composer program, such as Garageband or iMovie, to mix your own creation of music. If you decide to include music that you did not create, make sure it is a non-copyrighted song. There are many websites devoted to providing free, non-copyrighted songs, includinghttp://www.goingware.com/tips/legal-downloads.html. You may be asked to verify that you have permission to use any third party materials in your video.
The submitted video entry should be approximately thirty (30) or (60) seconds in length and no more than 300 megabytes in size. Video must also contain the official LEAF video, bumper (provided in resources). Acceptable video formats include, .wmv, .avi, .mov or .mpg.
By uploading the video entry, entrants confirm that they have obtained all necessary releases for any identifiable individuals depicted in the video or pictures used in the video. Releases are required for any identifiable individuals.
8. Prizes. The prize package is as follows:
- LEAF 1st Place: TBA soon
- LEAF 2nd Place: TBA soon
- Celebrity’s Choice Award: TBA soon
- The You Tube Most Watched Award: TBA soon
- The “Facebook” Most Liked Award: TBA soon
And you’ll also get:
- Recognition from our network of celebrity, industry and educational partners
- Certificate of accomplishment from leading university
- Aired on Grind Media’s Grind TV Outdoors
- Amazing prize packages from etnies, Volcom, and other action sports industry partners.
- Great prizes and offers from LEAF Partners
- Winning entries will be featured on VERB TV, Cox Cable’s action sports channel reaching 2 million viewers
9. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified via email on or about August 7, 2012. There shall be no prize substitutions and all prizes are non-transferable. The Contest winners will be solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes, if applicable, as well as all other costs associated with claiming the prize. Winners will be required to complete affidavits of eligibility and liability and publicity releases, as applicable (except where prohibited by law) which must be received by L.E.A.F. within (7) days of notification of the winning videos. Failure to sign and return the affidavits and releases within seven (7) days after notification, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of L.E.A.F., result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of the interest in the prize and the award of the prize to an alternate winner. The prize winners agree to participate in a photo/video opportunity with L.E.A.F., at L.E.A.F.’s election.
10. Participation: Entries that include content that violates the rights of third parties (including, but not limited to, rights of copyright), is deemed to be obscene or libelous, contains violence or attacks on individuals or organizations, political lobbying, political advocacy, litigation initiatives, initiatives with religious purposes, policy advocacy or any other forms of advocacy will be disqualified. Participating individuals grant L.E.A.F. the right to use their names in advertising and promoting the contest without further compensation. Submitted entries become the property of L.E.A.F.. L.E.A.F. has the right, but not the obligation, to use the entries for cause related marketing and upon notice to entrant, to permit L.E.A.F. partners to use the submitted entries without further compensation to the entrant. The use of personal information collected in the course of the Contest shall be governed by the terms of the L.E.A.F.:
L.E.A.F collects personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- When you register for updates at the leaf-rocks website
- When you enter our contest
- When you send us an email inquiry.
- When you sign up for email updates.
We may on some occasions use information we collect to inform you of upcoming publications or other marketing material that would serve your interest. We do not sell or share this information with individuals or organizations outside L.E.A.F. and or any of the L.E.A.F. partners for any purpose, including marketing or promotional purposes.
Links to Other Sites
Although L.E.A.F. takes all measures – physical, electronic and managerial – to prevent unauthorized access to and maintain the accuracy of your data and information, no information transferred over the Internet is 100% secure. L.E.A.F. cannot guarantee the total security of information transmitted to us.
L.E.A.F. is committed to protecting the privacy of children. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain personal information at our website from those we actually know are under 13.
By visiting our website you understand our privacy statement and limitations. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact L.E.A.F.
by email at email@example.com
By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. L.E.A.F. reserves the right to not select a winner if none of the entries are deemed to be high quality. L.E.A.F. reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by L.E.A.F.. In the event the Contest is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of L.E.A.F. which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, L.E.A.F. reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, L.E.A.F. reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received prior to the termination date. All decisions regarding disqualification of entries shall be at the sole discretion of L.E.A.F. and the judges. L.E.A.F. is not liable for lost, late, delayed, damaged, incomplete, misdirected entries, email or transactions that are lost or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or L.E.A.F.. In the event of a dispute, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account listed on the submission page. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account.
11. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, entrants and their affiliated organization agree that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of–pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages other than damages for actual out of pocket expenses.
12. General Release. By entering this Contest, all participants and/or entrants agree to release L.E.A.F., prize provider, and their affiliated companies and agents from and against all claims and damages arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light) and/or his/her/their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Contest including any injury or harm resulting from the use of the prize or any activity related thereto. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, outside of the manufacturer’s limited warranty.